A successful legal department workshop cannot be achieved by simply gathering individuals in a room—rather, it requires thorough planning and strategy development. The desired outcome of a workshop is to have all participants come away having gained experience, insights, and action steps.
Strategic Legal Management: Workshops and Training
Legal Department Workshops and Training: Objectives
A successful legal department workshop cannot be achieved by simply gathering individuals in a room—rather, it requires thorough planning and strategy development. Workshops can fall into the trap of being repetitive, unproductive and burdensome. The desired outcome of a workshop is to have all participants come away having gained experience, insights and action steps.
Workshops and Training: Overview
Workshops can serve to bring a company’s professionals together to collaborate on everything from brainstorming on a particularly difficult project to re-evaluating an organization’s most vexing issues. Effective workshop management can make all the difference between a successful experience and one that falls flat for the participants.
Legal Department Workshops and Training: Solutions and Savings
Argopoint’s professionals are skilled in workshop facilitation and we take the opportunity to join our clients in applying the core components of our approach to a focused and customized agenda. We use the “Argopoint 3-Phase Approach”:
Legal Department Workshop Planning
We communicate with your company’s legal team and develop an understanding of past workshops and materials. Based on these discussions, we create a list of goals and a reasonable timeline to assist our client throughout the process.
Legal Department Workshop Content Development
We combine appropriate existing client material with Argopoint’s proven workshop material to create a unique curriculum for the workshop. We work side-by-side with our client to create the most successful workshop possible.
Legal Department Workshop Execution
An effective workshop is more than just excellent content—it requires exact execution. At Argopoint, we create key materials, develop a functional agenda, conduct test sessions and prepare for potential issues.
While Argopoint has experience helping our clients with workshops, professionalism and respect remain our priorities. We only present alongside our client at their request, and constantly strive to understand the details of our clients’ company norms, environment and culture.
Key Questions for Corporate Legal Departments Considering Department Workshops and Training
1. Does your legal department have certain issues that would benefit from group collaboration or discussion?
2. Does your legal department leadership team have principles that they would like to communicate to their professionals in an effective manner?
3. Has your legal department leadership team ever conducted a workshop that did not reach all of the desired goals?
4. Has your legal department leadership team ever conducted a workshop where participants did not appear interested or involved?
5. Has your legal department leadership ever considered working with an outside firm to bring experienced professionals with a fresh perspective into your workshop development team?